The Official Website for the
Town of Bovina, New York
|Bovina Transfer Station|
Hours: (May thru September)
Wednesday 1 pm - 4 pm
Saturday 8 am - 12:30 pm
Winter Hours: (October thru April)
Saturday 8 am - 12:30 pm
- Closed Holidays -
The Bovina Transfer Station has been having a problem with garbage being dropped off when the station is closed. This is considered littering and carries a minimum fine of $1,500.00. Please note that the Transfer Station is open every Saturday from 8:00 AM until 12:30 PM year-round and on Wednesday's from 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM from May through September. If you cannot get to the Station during the hours of operation, please make other arrangements for your garbage disposal.
---TRANSFER STATION GUIDELINES---
Updated November 2020
* Transfer station is open to residents and land owners of the Town of Bovina only. Users MUST first obtain a permit sticker from the Town Clerk.
* Permit sticker MUST be clearly visible on the rear view mirror of the vehicle.
* ONLY wastes and recyclables generated within the Town of Bovina will be accepted for disposal.
* All solid waste deposited in plastic bags must be in WHITE or CLEAR plastic bags.
* To prevent litter, NYS Law requires all loads to be COVERED during transport.
---SPECIAL WASTES---* House/Apartment clean-outs are subject to all solid waste and recycling guidelines. Please separate all materials!
* Litter clean-ups, illegal dumping and litter in black bags will be investigated to identify the illegal dumper.
* Ovens, stoves and appliances that do not contain freon or other refrigerant gas are accepted the Solid Waste Management Center.
* SCRAP METAL should be delivered to the Solid Waste Management Center or scrap yard.
* PAINT CANS with residual paint MUST be dried out or filled with cat litter, and the lids removed prior to disposal with C&D. Empty and clean paint cans are recycled with scrap metal at the Solid Waste Management Center. Full paints should be brought to the CLEAN SWEEP. Contact the Delaware County DPW for information.
---PROHIBITED MATERIALS---JUNK VEHICLES, BODY OR CHASSIS - Bring to a scrap dealer.
BATTERIES (vehicle and household) - Bring to the Solid Waste Management Center for recycling.
BURN BARREL ASHES
DEAD ANIMALS AND CARCASSES
HAZARDOUS, TOXIC, or FLAMMABLE MATERIALS - Includes: fluorescent bulbs, mercury vapor lights, ballasts, transformers, pesticides, gasoline, and kerosene. Save for CLEAN SWEEP event in the Fall.
TIRES - Bring your tires to the Solid Waste Management Center for recycling. There is a limit of 8 tires per person and they must be off the rim.
LEAVES, YARD WASTES, GREEN OR LEAFY WOOD - Chip and/or compost at home.
LIQUIDS OF ANY KIND - Paints must be dried or mixed with cat litter. Save for CLEAN SWEEP event in the fall.
PROPANE TANKS - Return to a tank exchange at your local convenience store.
AIR CONDITIONERS, REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS, DEHUMIDIFIERS - Bring to the Solid Waste Management Center for recycling.
USED MOTOR OIL ANTIFREEZE - Bring to your local service station or Solid Waste Management Center for recycling.
BULKY FURNITURE - Bring to the Solid Waste Management Center for recycling.
MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE: (CLEAR or WHITE bags ONLY)
NON-HAZARDOUS HOUSEHOLD WASTE:
Includes: packaging, foils, plastic films, non-recyclable containers and lids, kitchen and bathroom trash, food scraps, disposable tableware and tissues, non-reusable clothing and accessories, disposable items, broken durable goods.
RECYCLABLES: (Keep separated from other wastes.)
Please remove caps and rinse all bottles and cans
Plastic bottles and jugs
Glass bottles (clear, green & brown)
Metal food and beverage containers
Corrugated cardboard (please flatten)
Magazines, mail, office & computer paper
TV's and computer monitors are hazardous waste and must be separated.
CONSTRUCTION & DEMOLITION DEBRIS:
Structural debris, wall coverings, plaster, drywall, plumbing, insulation, siding, shingles, pipe, sheeting, wiring, floorings, carpeting. Volume limit of 55 gallons per day.
Transfer Station Guidelines - Printable version
Bovina Town Clerk:
Delaware County DPW-Solid Waste:
Delaware County Solid Waste Management Center: